*Dr. Chris Reeder, DVM, DACVD, a veterinary dermatologist with BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Franklin, TN, served as consultant for the State of Pet Health 2018 Report.
1. Merck Veterinary Manual, 2018. https://www.merckvetmanual.com/integumentary-system. Accessed April 2018
2. Lam A. 2009. Overview of Flea Allergy Dermatitis. Compendium: Continuing Education for Veterinarians 31(5): E1-10.
3. Hensel P, Santoro D, Favrot C, Hill P and Griffin C. 2015. Canine atopic dermatitis: detailed guidelines for diagnosis and allergen identification. BMC Veterinary Research 11: 196.
4. Diesel A. 2017. Cutaneous Hypersensitivity dermatoses in the feline patient: a review of allergic skin disease in cats. Veterinary Sciences 4: 25.
5. Shmalberg J. 2017. Diets and the dermis: nutritional considerations in dermatology. Today’s Veterinary Practice
6. Verlinden A, Hesta M, Millet S, and Janssens GPJ. 2006. Food allergy in dogs and cats: a review. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition 46(3): 259-73.