Experience pet care made easy with an Optimum Wellness Plan®, now including access to Banfield’s Vet Chat™.
Optimum Wellness Plans® are yearly packages of discounted services that make proactive pet health care easy and affordable.
The toxic dose of chocolate will depend on a few different factors including the amount of chocolate eaten, the type of chocolate (dark chocolate is more toxic than milk or white), and the size of your pet. The amount of chocolate in a mini Reese’s cup is not usually toxic to a dog of the size you gave. However, this can vary depending on the individual dog and chocolate can cause some issues like vomiting or diarrhea with any amount. If you are seeing any symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, not wanting to eat, or restlessness I recommend that you take him into see a veterinarian as soon as possible if you have not already done so.
John Smith, DVMVeterinarian
Dr. John Smith is a graduate of LSU, Class of 1998. He has over 10 years of experience...
Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.
When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.
Fields marked "*" are required.