• Hello! I recently gave my 9 week old puppy an edible chew of trifexis. I'm not sure he ate 100% of the pill. Maybe only 90% or so? Will this still be effective, or does he need to eat 100% of the pill? Thank you!

    Hi Grace,
    I recommend that you call and talk to your local veterinarian about this question. The effectiveness of this dose will depend on his size, the dose of medication given, and his overall health. Your vet knows your pet and will be able to let you know if this dose was sufficient or if he needs more protection.


Need more information or advice?

Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.

Tags

Parasites

Ask a Vet Archive

When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.