To give our associates more time with their families, all Banfield Hospitals will be closing at 4pm on Thanksgiving Eve (11/22), and will be closed all day on Thanksgiving (11/23).
Five Reasons To Keep Your Pet On A Wellness Plan
From puppy and kitten to all stages of adult life, every member of your four-legged family deserves quality preventive care. Banfield Optimum Wellness Plans® help pet owners take the guessing out of doing what’s best for their pets.
Each offering an array of preventive care benefits, Optimum Wellness Plans can greatly improve the quality of your pet’s life in a way that’s simple—and it can also be personalized to meet your pet’s unique needs at every stage of life.
Whether you are considering an Optimum Wellness Plan for the first time, or if you are a current member, we have five reasons why you should consider and keep your dog or cat on a wellness plan.
- Comprehensive exams: Since pets age much more quickly than humans—six to 10 years for each human year—visiting your veterinarian for two comprehensive checkups per year is very important.
Offered as a service in all Optimum Wellness Plans, these in-depth, nose-to-tail exams allow us to assess your pet’s overall health and establish a baseline of wellness information. That way, if any health issues occur, they can be taken care of right away.
- Preventive care services: Vaccines, routine blood work, fecal exams and dewormings can help keep your pet healthy and detect diseases early to allow for more treatment options and often a better prognosis.
Each plan features routinely recommended vaccines and diagnostic testing for dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens to make sure that there aren’t any surprises when it comes to your pet’s health.
- Dental care: One of the most common diseases found in pets is dental disease—and it causes more than just bad breath and gingivitis. If dental disease is not treated, it can lead to painful infections, tooth loss, and is even associated with serious illnesses, including heart disease and kidney disease.
Professional dental cleaning for dogs and cats are included in two of our adult level plans, and additional dental cleanings can be added. Your Banfield veterinarian can determine if your pet would benefit from additional cleanings and discuss the cost to add these to your pet's plan.
- Options tailored to your pet’s needs: Your pet’s plan can be personalized with additional preventive care options including monthly parasite control for year-round protection.
Talk to your Banfield veterinarian for recommendations on the best plan and options for your pet.
- Cost control: Through an OWP, the cost of the preventive care that your pet needs can be spread out over the course of a year, making it more affordable to maintain your pet’s health.
Beyond the high-quality preventive care essentials, Optimum Wellness Plan members also receive discounts on additional Banfield services and unlimited office visits to discuss, diagnose, and treat other pet health concerns.
The bottom line: An OWP can help take the worry out of caring for your pet.
Need more information?
Learn more about our Optimum Wellness Plans and how they can be personalized to fit your dog or cat’s needs. You can also browse the following articles and resources.