When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.
Acorns can be toxic to pets if ingested. They contain tannins, which can cause stomach upset and diarrhea in some pets, and in particularly bad cases acorn ingestion can cause abdominal obstruction, internal damage, and kidney disease. Keep your dog from eating them if at all possible to avoid this, and speak to your local veterinarian if you have any questions.
John Smith, DVMVeterinarian
Dr. John Smith is a graduate of LSU, Class of 1998. He has over 10 years of experience...
Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.