• Unsure if our dog needs to be seen, he consumed close to a 1.5g of pot earlier this evening. He hasn't gotten sick or anything like that, but we're concerned mostly due to his size & the amount he ate!!

    Hi Krystle,

    If you are seeing any clinical signs I recommend that you take him into see a veterinarian as soon as possible if you have not already done so. The potential risk with this will depend on the amount of THC was in the pot he ingested as well as his size, breed, and overall health. The intoxication can occur up to 12 hours after ingestion and if severe it may require hospitalization and supportive care.


Need more information or advice?

Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.

Tags

Other Concerns

Ask a Vet Archive

When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.