• Our 70lb Golden Retriever was just caught chewing on a Sago Palm branch. We are not sure if any was ingested. We are currently in the middle of Hurricane Florence so all of our vet and ER vets are closed.

    Hi Heather,
    Sago Palm is toxic for pets and can cause GI and neurologic issues such as vomiting, diarrhea, and seizures. The symptoms usually set in quickly. It is important to get your pet to a veterinarian as soon as possible. I understand most of the local veterinarians are closed but there is usually an emergency clinic still open. Please stay safe!


Need more information or advice?

Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.

Tags

Pet Safety Tips

Ask a Vet Archive

When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.