• Our 7-month-old English bull chewed a rhododendron stick. The leaves and flowering parts were not ingested. Was it poisonous?

    Hi Wendy, rhododendrons can be poisonous to pets. The signs of toxicity will depend on the amount ingested and the exact species of plant but they can cause serious or life threatening issues. The signs that can be seen with this include vomiting, drooling, diarrhea, weakness, lethargy, tremors, seizures, or even blindness. If you feel that he has ingested any of the plant or if you see any of these signs you should take him into see a veterinarian immediately.


Need more information or advice?

Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.

Tags

Nutrition

Ask a Vet Archive

When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.