• My dogs got into their medication and ripped up the boxes. The Interceptor Plus chewable weren’t eaten, but I can’t find any trace of the Simparica. If they did manage to eat it, are they in danger? There would have been at least a few chewables in the packaging

    Hi Dawn,
    I recommend that you take your pets into see a veterinarian if you have not already done so. An overdose of Simparica  can cause issue including lethargy, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle tremors, or seizures. The risk of this will depend on the breed and size of your pet along with the amount that they ingested. Your vet can examine your pets and recommend any treatment needed based on the clinical signs seen and the potential amount ingested.


Need more information or advice?

Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.

Tags

Other Concerns

Ask a Vet Archive

When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.