• My cat apparently ate 1/4 of a square of white chocolate, maybe less. She doesn’t seem to have any effects but I am still worried. Should I be concerned, will she be ok?

    Hi Teresa,

    If your cat is showing any clinical signs like vomiting, diarrhea, restlessness, lethargy, or seizures I recommend that you take her into see a veterinarian if you have not already done so. The toxic dose of chocolate will depend on your cat’s weight as well as the type and amount of chocolate eaten. White chocolate has the smallest amount of theobromine but is can still be toxic. However, if she has not shown any clinical signs by this point there should be no long term effects.


Need more information or advice?

Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.

Tags

Other Concerns

Ask a Vet Archive

When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.