• Louis ate a piece of rubber from a kong toy probably the size of a small strawberry. Is there something we can do to get him to throw it up? I am worried that it’s a large enough piece it will get lodged in his throat. He’s eaten ears off toys and threw them up. Should we mix something up to make him throw up.? Not sure what to do. Thank you.

    Hi Amber,
    I recommend that you call your veterinarian to get Louis an exam and possible radiographs to determine if the piece of Kong is causing a blockage. The veterinarian can help your determine the next steps which may include inducing vomiting or surgery. Anytime a pet swallows something abnormal, the pet should be brought to the veterinarian for an exam.

Need more information or advice?

Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.


Other Concerns

Ask a Vet Archive

When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.