• Kash seems to have what looks like a stye on his right eye in the corner. do I need to make a visit for him or is it something we can try at home?

    Hi April,
    I recommend that you take Kash into see a veterinarian. There can be many different things that can cause a stye like spot. These include infection, injury, an eyelid mass, or something that is chronically irritating the spot. Your vet can talk to you more about the cause of the lesion after they have examined him. The may recommend some specialized eye tests to diagnose or rule out certain causes. The treatment that he needs will depend on the underlying cause and severity of his symptoms.

Need more information or advice?

Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.


Other Concerns

Ask a Vet Archive

When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.