• I would like to go to Mexico with my dog but I would like to know if I could get a passport or any other official paperwork that has all her info with a picture and vaccines info. Mexican customs are known for taking advantage of their power and finding “flaws” on everything. I want to have all the information so I don’t have any problems crossing the bridge.

    Hi Monica,

    I recommend that you talk to your local veterinarian and schedule an appointment prior to your travel. Most of the time travel to a foreign country will require a health certificate which will include her vaccine history. The requirements needed for travel will depend on where you are going, how you are traveling, and potentially where you are coming from. Your vet can work with you to get the most up to date requirements and make sure that you have all the needed paperwork so that your trip goes smoothly.

Need more information or advice?

Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.


Other Concerns

Ask a Vet Archive

When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.