• I’m a Girl Scout leader and my troop is doing a project to make pet toys to local animal shelter. We like to use PVC pipe to make dog treat toy dispenser then have little girls to decorate them with markers. Can you tell me if markers safe for dogs? If not, can you recommend something else we can use? Thank you

    Thanks for your question, Maggie, and what a great project for your troop. Many markers may be toxic to dogs if they ingest it. I would look for markers that state they are non-toxic to use for this process. These should be safe if small amounts are ingested.


Need more information or advice?

Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.

Tags

Other Concerns

Ask a Vet Archive

When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.