• Hi! I am not sure if I need to ask my specialist this question or you guys. Either way, I'm guessing you'll let me know and thanks in advance. I will be going away to grad school shortly and would like to get a letter stating that I need to bring my dog as she's is my emotional support...do I get that letter from my specialist or my dogs vet? Also, do I need any other certified documents or labels for her.?

    Hi Crystal,
    Those are great questions. For the emotional support letter, you will need to obtain that from your specialist. If you are moving to another state for school, you will need a health certificate to travel with your dog and that can be obtained from your veterinarian. Good luck in Grad School!

Need more information or advice?

Contact your nearest Banfield Pet Hospital to schedule an appointment today.


Other Concerns

Ask a Vet Archive

When it comes to your pet's health, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Search questions real clients have submitted to our popular Ask a Vet Q&A series, and then submit a question of your own.