Easy to Make Cat Toys
Here are some ideas for cat toys that you can make from ordinary household items
- Close the box and cut out a door just large enough for your cat to get in and add a small window for more fun.
- Attached a piece of string or yard for more added interaction.
Silver foil ball
- Make a ball out of aluminum foil.
- Make spiders by tying together ties from garbage bags or bread loaf packaging.
- Just open up a few sheets of newspaper on the floor and watch your cat have hours of fun diving under it.
- Fold a small piece of newspaper and tie a piece of string around the middle with a long piece of string or yarn. Drag the newspaper by pulling the string around the room in front of your cat.
Other items that are fun to play with “as is”:
- Ping pong balls
- Pipe cleaners
- Wine corks
- Be sure the toy you’re making is durable enough to stand up to your cat’s strength and level of play.
- Exercise extreme caution when using string, ribbons or buttons, as these may be choking hazards.
- Always supervise your cat with the toy to make sure he will not destroy it.
- Be watchful for any torn, shredded or broken parts and remove the toy immediately if there are any.
*Courtesy of Cats of Australia at http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-toys.htm.