FutureVet makes it easy for veterinarians to share their love of pet care with children and young adults by providing presentation materials, including toolkits with giveaways and curriculum manuals that are both fun and interactive.
Each kit is grade specific and gives veterinary presenters step‐by‐step lesson plans, tips on engaging students in conversation, and numerous activities and handouts to encourage thoughtful discussion and participation.
FutureVet is also a valuable resource for students interested in veterinary medicine and can help guide them in the right direction by providing appropriate links and information online.
FutureVet is also part of many local communities. Throughout 2011, FutureVet presentations and camps will be held at children’s museums and zoo’s across the country including:
- Children’s Museum of Denver (Denver, CO)
- Children’s Museum of Houston (Houston, TX)
- Duke Energy Children’s Museum at Cincinnati Museum Center (Cincinnati, OH)
- Explorium of Lexington (Lexington, KY)
- Kohl Children’s Museum (Chicago, IL)
- Marbles Kids Museum (Raleigh, NC)
- Minnesota Children’s Museum (St. Paul, MN)
- The New Children’s Museum (San Diego, CA)
- Oregon Zoo (Portland, OR)
- Portland Children’s Museum (Portland, OR)