Join us and be a part of a respected and dedicated network that shares your passion for pets. We believe that together we can practice quality medicine and make a difference in the lives of pets and their families. As a doctor in our hospitals, you will be on the frontlines of our business, serving as the face of our veterinary practice. We'll give you the tools you need to do the best job possible—from resources and education opportunities to mentors and advisers, we keep our doctors at the forefront of veterinary care.
And, as a veterinarian in our hospitals, you'll enjoy the best of both worlds—making independent medical decisions, while having strength and support behind you every step of the way.
What does a veterinarian career path at Banfield look like? Here are a few of the avenues you could pursue along with highlights of key responsibilities required:
Veterinarian Provide compassionate, high-quality veterinary care for the wellness of pets, while being devoted to the philosophy of long-term pet health through preventive care.
Chief of Staff Help advance medical quality, business performance and associate engagement in the hospital, while providing exceptional service and care to clients and pets.
Medical Director Partner with learning managers to ensure outstanding business practices and a high degree of professionalism in each hospital with the responsibility of teaching medical and surgical skills and evaluating performance through frequent visits to hospitals.
Regional Medical Director Ensure that hospitals provide high-quality veterinary care and an outstanding client experience through recruiting, hiring and supervision of medical directors; also work closely with other field staff to ensure high performance teams, outstanding business practices and a high degree of professionalism in their regional hospitals.
Quality of Life
When you're at your personal best, so are your clients, patients, community and practice. That's why we offer the following benefits and resources designed to improve your wellness and help you balance work and life:
- Excellent Compensation and Benefits Package
- Paid vacation time
- Flexible schedules and part‐time and relief opportunities
- No after hours on‐call duty
- Lifelong learning resources including an annual continuing education allowance, Banfield Institute courses and on-site training
- Medical and business support teams
Compensation & Benefits
Banfield appreciates associates for their dedication and commitment to improving the lives of pets and the people who care for them. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that promotes healthy living, financial security and peace of mind.
Banfield offers you and your family preventive care and wellness options, and provides coverage for your health needs, whether it's routine care or a catastrophic event. Your retirement is also made more secure by participating in our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. Below are just some of the benefits that Banfield associates enjoy.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and prescription drug insurance for you and your eligible dependents
- Health benefits and life insurance available for domestic partners and their children
- Health Savings Account with annual $750 practice-paid funding
- Automatic enrollment in the Banfield 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with practice- matching contributions
- 100% practice-paid life insurance at three times your total compensation; plus the option to purchase additional life, spousal life and child life
- 100% practice-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Free and confidential access for you and your family to the LifeBalance Associate Assistance Program
- Liability and malpractice insurance
Please note that the benefits package may vary by legal entity, status or position. This summary is not a guarantee of benefits and all plans are subject to change.