Field Leader Careers
Not only do our veterinary hospitals benefit from the support of our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, but they also rely on the support of local field leadership to keep the hospitals running smoothly. These local teams consist of three positions: medical director, field director and learning managers. These positions work to build independent, committed and high-performing teams.
Working side-by-side with veterinary hospital teams, this role is responsible for ensuring high-quality medicine and an outstanding client experience. It includes recruiting, hiring, coaching and supervising veterinarians and working with field directors to ensure the presence of outstanding paraprofessional teams.
In addition, medical directors partner with learning managers to ensure outstanding business practices and a high degree of professionalism in each veterinary hospital. Medical directors are expected to teach medical and surgical skills and to evaluate performance through frequent visits to hospitals. You will also maintain relationships with the veterinary schools and veterinary technician programs.
As the business leader for your market, you'll be responsible for providing leadership, direction, mentorship and management for hospitals in your markets to maximize the productivity of the veterinary medical teams. You will work in partnership with the medical director and learning manager to ensure hospitals are fully staffed and trained, and are providing the highest quality veterinary care and client service.
In partnership with our centralized Talent & Learning team, you will provide effective delivery of on‐site field learning programs. You will ensure associates receive the appropriate training and development opportunities to support quality medicine, functional/operational skills, leadership development and an exceptional client experience, leading to the profitability and promotion of the Banfield brand. This position is ideally suited for those who have worked in our hospital environments, have a passion for learning and are looking for the next step in their career.
Quality of Life
The role of a field leader is fast‐paced and keeps you on the go, and we appreciate your energy and dedication. That's why we offer the following benefits and resources designed to improve your wellness and help you balance work and life:
- Excellent Compensation and Benefits Package
- Paid vacation time and holiday hours
- Flexible and part‐time schedules
- Lifelong learning resources including Banfield Institute courses and on-site training
- Unique career paths such as regional field and medical director positions
- The opportunity to train and lead multiple hospital locations and reap the rewards of your hospitals' successes
Compensation & Benefits
Banfield appreciates our associates for their dedication and commitment to improving the lives of pets and the people who care for them. That's why we offer a comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package that promotes healthy living, financial security and peace of mind.
The Banfield Compensation and Benefits Package offers you and your family preventive care and wellness options, and provides coverage for your health needs, whether it's routine care or a catastrophic event. Your retirement is also made more secure by participating in our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. Below are just some of the benefits that Banfield associates enjoy.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and prescription drug insurance for you and your eligible dependents
- Health benefits and life insurance available for domestic partners and their children
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with annual $750 practice funding
- Automatic enrollment in the Banfield 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with practice- matching contributions
- 100% practice-paid life insurance at three times your total compensation; plus the option to purchase additional life, spousal life and child life
- 100% practice-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Free and confidential access for you and your family to the LifeBalance Associate Assistance Program
- Free enrollment into the Banfield Optimum Wellness Plan® for up to three pets
Please note that the benefits package may vary by legal entity, status or position. This summary is not a guarantee of benefits and all plans are subject to change.