A healthy pet starts with a healthy mouth
Dental disease in dogs and cats is very common, and very dangerous. Left untreated, it can lead to
major problems like heart disease and kidney failure. Regular dental care is critical to your pet’s
health, but they can’t do it alone. Banfield is here to help you brush up on your pet’s dental needs.
Fight dental disease with 3 easy steps
Remember these 3 easy steps to keeping your pet's mouth clean and healthy: Flip, Check, Treat.
The “Gold Standard” for Pet Dental Care?
Our veterinarians adhere to the highest standard of ongoing pet dental care. We believe that must include:
- Twice-yearly dental exams
- Annual dental cleanings
- Regular home care, including teeth brushing
Watch our brief how-to video with easy tips for checking teeth, and what to look for, from a Banfield veterinarian.
Use the Buddy System!
The tried and true buddy system can help you form new pet dental care habits - simply put your pet's dental care on your schedule:
- When you make your own dental appointment, make one for your pet.
- After brushing your teeth at night, brush your pet's teeth and give him a GREENIES ® treat.
- Involve your kids (brushing and treating are perfect chores), and learn new pet dental habits as a family.
Did You Know?
An Optimum Wellness Plan® is a Smart Solution
Pairing an Optimum Wellness Plan with your at-home dental care is ideal. Our Active Prevention
and Special Care wellness plans include:
- Comprehensive preventive care services
- One annual dental cleaning
- Unlimited office visits
Find Your Plan
- Affordable monthly payments
- Additional discounts on products and non-plan services
Dental Care Articles
Learn more about how your pet’s dental health impacts their overall health:
Understanding the Risks of Dental Disease in Cats and Dogs
About Professional Pet Dental Care
At-Home Dental Care
When in Doubt, Ask a Vet
Review answers to our clients’ frequently asked pet dental care questions:
*Active Prevention & Special Care Optimum Wellness Plans for adult pets only