Student Job Program
Bring Your Classroom Learning to Life
The Student Job Program is designed to give veterinary students hands-on experience in a clinical setting, with a dual focus on technical and interpersonal skill-building. Participants spend approximately 80% of their time working as part of the veterinary assistant team. The remaining 20% of their time is dedicated to pursuing learning objectives alongside their mentor doctor.
Participants are assigned a mentor doctor who will meet with them to discuss and personalize learning goals. Banfield mentors are dedicated to their student’s professional development and will provide feedback and guidance throughout the summer.
What to Expect
Determine a personalized learning program with your mentor
Intro to practice management
Develop your client communication skills
Learn how to perform a physical exam
Proper care and use of diagnostic tools
Interpreting diagnostic materials
Surgical prep & monitoring
Competitive hourly wage
1st -3rd year veterinary students
Available to participate for 6 to 10 weeks over summer break
Flexible schedule, from 32-40 hours per week, including evenings & weekends
Preference given to students studying Companion Animal medicine
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Participating in the Student Job Program not only allows veterinary students to develop technical and interpersonal skills, but also to focus on improving the lives of pets as part of a dedicated hospital team each and every day.
Before you apply for the 2013 Student Job Program, review the list of host hospitals by clicking on the link below and make note of your top three locations of interest. You will be asked to list your top three locations during the application process.
Applications will be accepted January 7th - 28th, 2013. If you are interested in being considered, please be sure to submit your application prior to the deadline.